Do you ever have those days when all you hope for is that the kids will take a nap and then one or two do indeed take a nap, but it's at like 4:30 in the afternoon so you plan on only letting them nap for maybe 30 minutes which turns into 2 hours which means that when bedtime comes an hour later you spend the next 2 hours battling to keep them in their own rooms and trying to stop them tossing toys over the top of the stairs?
It brings back so many memories though; I remember doing the exact same thing, Mom would put me to bed I'd sneak out and of course sit at the top of the stairs and gradually sneak down one step at a time until I got to the stair where I could hear all the conversations. One of two things then happened, I made a mistake in going down one step too far and someone saw me, I would then race up the stairs with my heart in my mouth and jump into bed as fast as I could thinking i could fake sleep well enough that mom would never know it was me that was out of bed. The other thing was that I would fall asleep on the stairs or at the top. Either way i got caught.
The thing is that as much as I get frustrated with mostly Brad on this one, it reminds me that I was a kid once too and I did the same things, sometimes I think as adults that we forget too easily what it's like to be a kid. I know I do.
1 comment:
It makes me sleepy with the thought of re-living the events of yesterday. Here comes the yawn...
Post a Comment