Thursday, August 14, 2008

You can't look mean eating a Strawberry Pop Tart

I learned this morning that no matter how mean you look before you eat a Strawberry Pop Tart you simply can't look mean whilst you are eating it.

I'll explain.

I landed in New York this morning quite early and was waiting for a car to arrive and take me to the hotel. I was standing in front of the terminal when 3 young guys came out from the terminal looking honestly like they were just tough kids and talking loudly enough and threateningly enough that people around them were very nervous, They went and stood and were obviously waiting for a friend to pick them up. They were swearing, abusive, loud, spitting everywhere, cursing up a storm and generally quite obnoxious. They were certainly intimidating to most people around them except to a little girl who was with her mother and father. I assume that the boys must have heard the mother giving an answer to a question presumably from the little girl; the mother said, "Well I don't know, they're just mean boys". The 'mean' boys obviously heard and started to make fun of the mom and surely by now praying father. The little girl put it all in perspective when she said as loud as she could and with a toss of her cute pony tail to the side, "Well they can't be that mean or tough, they're eating Strawberry Pop Tarts, even I grew out of those after Kindergarten!"

The little girl had noticed something that nobody else had seen; the boys were indeed all eating Strawberry Pop Tarts. How strange I thought. The boys looked at each other started laughing and got very quiet and didn't really bother anyone until their ride arrived a few minutes later. The ride turned out to be from one of their mothers in a Blue mini van.

Conclusion.

You can't look mean when you're eating a Strawberry Pop Tart.

No comments: