Well to update you here is what happened in the last 3 months in my life.
So Amber and the kids moved out here in February, I was so ready for them to be here, I missed them so much. I was hating not spending time with my family, I missed Amber so much sometimes I just hated being here at times. It was so good to get them here finally. The flights were great, kids behaved wonderfully, arrived safely, settled in to the bed and breakfast and went to work on Monday. Had a board meeting all day. Went to work Tuesday and had a board meeting all day. Went to work Wednesday and got fired.
Yup, fired.
Let me explain.
Bottom line is that they asked me to do some things that were both immoral and illegal. I refused. They fired me.
I believe they waited for my family to get here in the belief that I would not refuse their requests if my family were already moved out here. I made the right decision, I know I did. i discussed it at length with Amber and we agreed that we were going to do what was right regardless of the consequences. We would trust in the Lord and He would work it all out.
For 7 weeks I was unemployed, just trusting the Lord that He would guide us, it was a very difficult time, we were in a 1 room B&B, no income, the company were being really awful, I mean horrible, bullying brought on a new definition to me in the way they behaved. I got a lawyer. We ended up settling with them because they knew they were in the wrong. I knew the Lord was helping us, we could only rely on Him, no family around, no friends. Nobody. We could only rely on each other and the Lord, that was it.
Then the Lord really kicked in. I started offering my consulting services. It just happened that my old company in the USA, Mediaport had licensed thier software to a company here in SA, but they didn't know what to do with it so they asked if they could borrow a member of staff from mediaport, they refused but said 'Hey our previous SVP is out in SA and may be willing to help. We talked, they offered me a job, I accepted. Then I was referred to a brand new 24/7 news channel in Nigeria and thy offered me a job as CMO for the TV station, they said I could keep my other contract. I accepted. Then through parents at my sons schools I was referred to the 2 largest marketing agencies in SA, the owners both called m and asked me to consult to them. I accepted.
God has a hand in everything, He uses other peoples bad choices to bless the lives of those who do the right thing even when affected by the bad choices of others.
Amber and I are closer now, I know we are certainly closer to the Lord, I trust Him completely, He really is in charge.
We just moved into a great house on a golf estate, swimming pool, 5 bedrooms, separate guest accommodation, wonderful views of the pond with ducks and birds and all kinds of wildlife on this golf estate/wildlife reserve. We have been able to buy all the household things we need for cash. We have been truly blessed. It was a nightmare 7 weeks, very lonely but I am glad it went the way it did.
For all the mistakes and stupid decisions that I have made in my life I am happy that I had the opportunity to stand up and be counted for making the right decision. I am so blessed to have a wife and friend in Amber that supports me and loves me.
Anyway, that's what happened to us in Jan, Feb and March.
1 comment:
Wow, we are both glad that things are settling down for the better, hopefully see you soon :D
Post a Comment