Thursday, November 27, 2008

All grown up

The other day I took the kids to Arctic Circle for dinner, mostly because they have such a great play area and the food is pretty good. Anyway we're all sitting at the table, me, Bethia, Luke and Brad, of course all the boys want to do is play and so I told them that as soon as they had eaten dinner they could go play.

They were doing great and when they had both finished Luke said 'Dad! I ate my whole cheeseburger, can I go play now? Pleeeease?' Brad followed his brothers example with a very cute tilt of the head and a strong 'Pleeeeeeeeeease?' To which I said 'OK, of course you can lads, you both did really well, great job on eating your dinner!'

Both of the boys jumped up with smiles on their faces and ran off towards the play area, as they did so Bethia (my nearly 6 year old) turned to m and said 'Ahhh, they grow up so quickly.'

Mountain Dew came from my nose and I could barely breath for laughing. The fact that she said it so seriously and with a slow shake of the head just made it so much more cute and funny.

1 comment:

Mrs Coops said...

How do kids learn the funniest things to say at the perfect times, eh?!