Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Crap TV

I am constantly amazed at the quality of some films that actually get funding to be made. I was flicking through the channels tonight and in an effort to assuage the routine of TV I decided to stop at everything that looked awful and see how long I could cope with watching it.

I have now spent three hours flicking through the worst programmes I have ever seen! Who in their right minds produces - or should I say gives money to these producers to make this puppy vomit? I watched a programme for 12 minutes tonight about the underarms of apes and how similar they are to human underarms, fascinating, truly amazing. I mean imagine that, something with arms has an armpit, go figure. I then switched to a programme that told me for ten minutes that I should eat healthily and exercise regularly. Shocking! They didn't give any other information just that I should eat healthily and exercise regularly.

I wacthed a film for about 4 minutes about a bank robbery, it was so bad, i could see the scenery moving when the door was closed, just closed, not slammed, just closed. The lead actor genuinely seemed to be making up his lines, the other actors seemed surprised to just hear each line.

With all the good ideas out there, who seriously couldn't come up with something better? I guess the difference is that you need to know someone in order to get it made.

No wonder the internet is so popular now.

No comments: